Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Poppy Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We had our Pre-School field trip today. We took the kids to a local place called Snap-ology. It's a place that offers creative play involving the use of Lego's and much more.
 
It was developed by 2 sisters who saw their own children at creative play using building blocks and other materials that snap together. It is a great place for kids of all ages. Our 3 year olds loved it.
 
There were also some interactive floor games that was a big hit. They have an overhead camera and it projects the games on the floor. It gave them a chance to work off a lot of excess energy. So good since outdoor time is still so limited here because winter doesn't want to let go.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is a card I created for my time on the Dirty Dozen Design team on Splitcoaststampers. It is a 6 month term and there are 12 designers on at a time.
 
The name is a takeoff on the old "dirty dozen" movie. Each month 2 designers move off and 2 new designers come on. My term started in November and has ended just this month.
 
We weren't supposed to show our cards on our Blogs until after our term is over. So I have 36 cards I made during my stint and this is the start of them.
 
For November theme our theme was holiday happiness. There were a number of ways to interpret the theme and one of them was to find a somewhat less celebrated holiday and create a card for it. That's where I went with several of my cards.

This one is for the California Poppy Day which is celebrated on April 6.

I decided to stamp my poppies on real red cardstock and use a black plus a neutral color theme for my birthday card.

My poppy images are a stamp & die combo from Verve Stamps. Used white opal liquid pearls for the centers and popped up parts of the poppy for added depth.

The poppy leaves are part of the Verve stamp set. I wanted some other greenery on this card so I used a die from CottageCutz and scattered them around the card.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: poppy birthday (Verve)  
Paper: basic black, real red, sahara sand, pear pizzazz (Stampin'-Up), BoBunny dsp
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento), pear pizzazz
Accessories: poppy die (Verve), flag stax die (MFT), mushrooms & greenery, rectangle dies (CottageCutz), liquid pearls (Ranger)  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails